Friday, April 4, 2014

Weekend Dinner Ideas

Super, super quick. For tonight, I want to try the salmon burgers the Lucky's Market in Longmont is advertising for $2.99 each this week. Having not had the best of luck with availability of such prepared items there recently, if they don't have them, it will be on to Whole Foods for their always-available salmon burgers.

For tomorrow, grilled sea scallops and tomatoes with olive vinaigrette from Gourmet. This one occurred to me because the salad base could be any spring greens from tomorrow's Boulder Farmers' Market opening (yay!), and Sprouts has 30/40 count (not the biggest but hoping they'll work) Peruvian sea scallops for $6.99 a pound this week.

The Lucky's Market in Longmont is back to $1.99 a pound for boneless skinless chicken breasts ($2.99 at Sprouts), leading me to chicken posole from Food and Wine magazine, since I prefer white meat to the dark in that recipe. The sale scallops first had me casting among my fish chowder recipes, but we've gone pretty frequently with those recently, so spicy chicken sounds like the perfect option instead.

And that's all the time available.

No comments:

Post a Comment