Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Now A Fava Bean Fan

So I braved the fava beans from our Red Wagon Organic Farm CSA last night, using a penne and basil puree recipe from Patricia Wells that worked on the web earlier this week but now is unfortunately a dead link, and our dinner results were spectacular if I do say so myself. The process of shelling the beans out of the pod, boiling them, then skinning the beans is a bit tedious, but having a glass of wine or a Bloody Mary on the counter at the same time speeds things along. It does produce an impressive pile of compost as well, but the boiled beans do pop out of their skins quite nicely, and I didn't find it nearly as much work as anticipated. I could see more fava beans in my future, but preferably in the reasonably sized bag I received from the CSA - no way would I tackle a couple of pounds of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment