Friday, August 22, 2014

Weekend Dinner Plans

Quick rundown, and they're so simple. With such a lovely, rare rainy day today in Boulder, we couldn't have a better day for Whole Foods' one-day sale on roasted chickens, $5 for natural and $8 for organic, way off their usual prices for such fine and tasty birds. I'll also pick up a five pound bag of organic potatoes at Sprouts for mashers on the side, since organic russets, red or Yukon potatoes are all $3.98 a bag, and that will leave me with a good stock for later use too. For a side veggie, so many choices from my CSA pickup yesterday.

Tomorrow will be some salmon fillet, probably the fresh sockeye that's $9.99 a pound at Sprouts. Whole Foods has a great sale on very expensive king salmon all weekend, but with more storms threatened for tomorrow afternoon, I have a feeling the fish will land on a grill pan indoors rather than out on the grill, so I'd rather go with the cheaper choice. I will pick up some of the organic figs on sale for the weekend at Whole Foods, since they can just be munched as is if they don't get to go out on the grill.

For Sunday, I think I'll finally get my chance to make corn and green chile chowder from the Food Network, with roasted chiles from Whole Foods and Munson's corn, of course. Seems like every time I've planned that since chiles and corn arrived, something's come up to change course, but Sunday finally looks like the day.

Stay dry and enjoy the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment