Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Brief New Deals

I usually post about the new natural grocery sales in Boulder every Wednesday, but this morning I'm experiencing major computer problems. Not knowing if this will even post, it will be by necessity very brief.

We have a new sale at our Boulder Sprouts and Whole Foods stores starting today. I have the Sprouts flyer in front of me but don't trust my laptop to get me to Whole Foods' website at this point. There also should be something new at Vitamin Cottage, since their long-running sale just ended, and I'll need to check that out.

At Sprouts through October 8th, value packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts aren't great at $2.99 a pound, but I do like their stuffed chicken breasts, now on sale at $3.99 a pound instead of the former $2.99 (they also have chicken kabobs I haven't tried for $3.99), and Rosie Organic whole chickens are $2.99 a pound. Fresh wild Northwest Pacific salmon fillets are surprising at $5.99 a pound, so low at this end of season, I'm not so sure about them. There's also a sale on grass-fed organic beef, with all sorts of cuts (picture shows steaks, roasts, and ground) 20% off.

Sprouts is doing a big organic sale this week, and the produce they list includes vine ripe tomatoes for just 99 cents a pound, gala apples also 99 cents a pound, Sprouts' own salad blends $1.99 each, two pound bags of heirloom rainbow carrots 99 cents each, curly or Lacinato kale just 99 cents a bunch, Imagine soups or broth $2.99 each, and a "line drive" of 30% off all Simply Organic products. 

Hmm, laptop is now willing to open Whole Foods' new flyer, so a very quick review. The sale lasts through October 14th, and organic kale is good at $1.50 a bunch if you're there (although it has a weird "savings vary by location") but you'll do better at Sprouts for 99 cents. Organic baby broccoli is tempting at $2 a bunch, and organic fingerling potatoes are half off at $1.48 a pound. Fresh Icelandic cod looks good at $12.99 a pound, but the domestic crab cakes on sale for $6.99 each don't appeal as I can get them at the Lucky's in Longmont for half that, and yes they're domestic. Other specials possibly look good, but since I'm not even sure this will post, I need to move on to other things.

Happy first day of October, rocky start here!


No comments:

Post a Comment