Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lundberg Rice Bags Not On Sale

I was bummed but not surprised to find that bags of basic (and rather pricey) Lundberg rice are not part of the current Gluten Free Favorites sale at Sprouts through tomorrow. That used to be a great way to stock up on a staple, but I guess Sprouts wised up to it. There are plenty of other temptations, though, including Lundberg's rice cakes, for those who are into those. In addition to stocking up on my usual Nut Thins, Crunchmasters, Pamela's cookies and the like, I strayed into temptation territory by picking up a couple of products new to me. I've been seeing freekeh, one of those up and coming ancient grains, getting mentioned rather frequently these days, so I picked up a bag to try. It looks like it cooks quite quickly, unlike some of the other alternate grains. I also succumbed to the convenience of a box of Lundberg traditional Italian risotto, the porcini mushroom variety, when I usually make that kind of thing from scratch. There are lots of Lundberg products included in the sale - just not their one pound bags of basic rice like brown or basmati.

No comments:

Post a Comment