Saturday, February 28, 2015

National CSA Sign-Up Day

I've just discovered that today is National CSA Sign-Up Day, what a great idea to promote supporting your local farming community. I got set weeks ago with Red Wagon Organic Farm - I just loved our first try with them last year. Fabulous organic produce offered with several days and locations to choose from as you sign up, and a biweekly option to boot. I especially enjoyed being challenged by some offerings like fava beans that need two layers of shelling, kohlrabi, that alien veggie I'd never previously tackled, and edamame as they come from the farm, not from a bag in the freezer. I was almost disappointed that Red Wagon offers optional choices for those not wanting to take on the challenges - I didn't cave, and went full steam into personally uncharted territory. Looking forward to this year's CSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment